Free GPS With Tire Purchase

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

A little about my background: I have owned and operated a small alternator and starter repair shop for over 11 years and have repaired everything from little jet-ski and ATV starters to the huge diesel starters and alternators. Though I have not seen everything out there, I have worked on a large variety of units, which is anything I could get parts for. First and foremost, I believe in quality when I do repairs and doing a job right the first time. I ‘hate’ returns or to have to do anything twice!

When I was younger I operated construction machinery and farm equipment and have had some experience repairing such equipment. My auto mechanic schooling and experience was from the late 1970’s and though it has helped me in my current business, I’m not a mechanic and know little when it comes to all the computer systems of the vehicles produced today! Also, I collect antique farm tractors and engines and enjoy tinkering with them so that has given me further experience with older equipment!

I decided to write this blog to help people with their starter, alternator and generator problems and give them advice as to how to check their system and also how to relate their problems to their mechanic or rebuilder. I also hope my local customers read this to help them diagnose their problem, so they may properly be able to explain their problem when they bring in the unit!

So in the coming months I will be posting tips and advice and will try to answer questions when and if I can. I will also post some how-to’s and things not to do that can damage your units or systems, along with some of the dumb or ridicules things some of my customers have said or done!

Note; I will only offer advice related to my field and since I’m not a certified mechanic and have no ready access to information spanning the vast variety of vehicles computer systems and electrical systems, I can NOT advise you and tell you how to fix your car! Questions like these I can’t answer and will only send a generic answer stating the above or no answer at all. General questions may not receive an answer either, as there are so many different designs of units out there and a general answers won’t cover it. I will also not cover anything to do with ‘wind powered’ generators as that is a different subject and can be found on different sites or blogs!

If you should ask me a question about a specific unit, you will need to provide me with detailed information such as make, model, year and engine size if you’re asking about a vehicle. When it comes to other equipment, as much information as you can provide will help but I still may not be able to look it up. Info like John Deere 4430 tractor or Case 580K Backhoe may suffice but I may need more depending on the application and if there is any split year units on the machine. It may also take me a few days to reply as I am very busy and it may take some time to look things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment