Free GPS With Tire Purchase

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Poor Quality, Part 2, Prestolite Marine Alternator

7/9/10
Here's an example of someone hiring an idiot, who has no business working on anything, who worked on this customers boat and alternator and the results.

A customer brought me a Prestolite Marine alternator today that had a loud whining noise and was overcharging! After partial disassembly, I discovered that someone made a two inch jumper wire and by-passed the regulator, full fielding the alternator making it run at full charge! I have no idea why this was done!??? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Since the customer wanted new bearings, I completely disassembled the unit and found the stator (ring of windings) was toast and the rectifier was damaged, because of running it at full charge. This fo-paw (or is that spelled 'faux-paux') cost the customer over $150.00 in repairs!

Can somebody tell me how to spell 'fo-paw'?

No comments:

Post a Comment