Free GPS With Tire Purchase

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Poor Quality, Part 3, 92 Dynasty Alternator

7/19/10
Today, this 'part store chain' rebuilt alternator, off of a 92 Dodge Dynasty came in with blown diodes in the rectifier. Two of the stator leads that were connected to the rectifier were loose, or I should say the threads of the screws were tight but the screws were not tightened down against the leads causing loose connections and failure of the unit. I tried to tighten the screws down, but they wouldn't even turn!

To compound the problem, this customer has been diagnosed with cancer and had limited funds. Even though I tried to help him save money and I got his unit fixed economically, he would have not had to work in the heat, pulling and reinstalling his unit and could have saved himself some money, if some S-O-B had done their job properly when they assembled the unit! This was blatant incompetence and I would have fired the employee who assembled this unit!

The circumstances of this job really pissed me off, almost enough to name the store which it was purchased, but I won't because 'rebuilds' from all the chain stores are all bad in my opinion, because they are not held to the same quality standards as new units! It's getting harder and harder to find quality units and parts, even new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment